Tuesday, December 26, 2006

a user-generated compendium of kuala lumpur urban myths

since i will be moving down to kuala lumpur (KL) soon, i thought this might be an interesting experiment. do you guys know of any urban myths in and around KL? not necessarily a ghost story but something along the lines of half-truths and hearsay. i would love to hear from you guys in the comments section. to start things off and to give you an example, i got this account from a taxi driver while traveling from KLIA (KL International Airport) to the city. it involves him directly and thus sounds more fascinating. true or false? you be the judge.

"i was robbed recently. not at gunpoint or even knifepoint. i was hypnotized by this foreign couple. they approached me on the streets and asked to break a hundred dollar note. when i opened my wallet, i could see myself giving all the money i had in it to them. i knew that there was more than a hundred but i couldn't stop myself. i saw myself handing them my hard earned cash. i just couldn't stop! a few of my friends have already been cheated in this way. the couple still walks the streets of KL looking for unsuspecting victims."

here's hoping that you keep them coming!

No comments: