Sunday, February 18, 2007

Lunar New Year

Every year at this time there is a human exodus, something which i have managed to avoid up until now. Like gaggles of migrating birds, I became a part of a V formation in the sky, resolutely pointing towards warmer climates and the core idea of family; security and familiarity.

After a month of being away from home, I am understandably excited about sleeping once again in my own bed, ruffling the back of my dog and savoring my mother's cooking. Happy to report that my anticipation was met a hundred fold over. To sweeten the deal even further, the light drizzle on Chinese New Year's eve brought pleasant respite to the usual heat and humidity around this time of the year.

After a veritable feast around the dinner table, we uncorked a bottle of red wine and drank to a new beginning and fresh hopes. Here's wishing everyone who reads this a great one ahead!

No comments: