Wednesday, April 11, 2007

In the rain

Yesterday evening I found myself staring at sheets of dark rain, under the porch of a bank. There is something otherworldly about the whole experience. You know that you should and would prefer to be some place else. The sense of displacement is immense and all pervasive. On the cusp of leaving for some hopefully better place and yet tied, against your own free will, to the present plane. And all because of some wetness on the hair and the shoulders. Its not even acid rain for God's sake! Will it kill me to dash to the car? No but still I wait. For what? For the heavens to hand out some charity that will never come. The sky is too big to care for puny mortals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the rain won't kill you but you'll probably melt. we are, after all ..fragile beings. ;)

hellfried said...

re-reading this post embarrasses me no end. what drug was i on?!