Monday, March 05, 2007

Life goes on

..... life goes on,
long after the thrill of living is gone.... (excerpt from John Cougar Mellencamp's 'Jack & Diane')

After a particularly taxing day at work the above lines coming out from the car stereo can hit your senses like a steam train. When did I lose the ability to look at things and situations in awe and pure unadulterated wonder? I do not believe that these things do not exist; its just that I have lost the ability to appreciate them for what they are. In the meantime life marches on at its own funereal pace.


2 comments:

Tare(@.@) said...

Gosh, you sound so old and cynical and everything bad. Must be the KL air. Or is it post-CNY syndrome?

hellfried said...

nowadays little things trigger me off. it is as if i am missing a layer of skin and all my nerves are exposed to the elements.